Before we could make it to Denver the first step is to brave the airport. Many don’t know that inside an airport exists an oasis. Airport lounges are an escape from the hustle and bustle and a reason to arrive early.
American Express runs the Centurion Lounge in the Miami Airport, complete with premium food, top-shelf liquors, high-speed wifi, plush lounge chairs, and an awesome view of the tarmac. As soon as you arrive, be sure to put your name in for a massage or manicure (Alina’s favorite). And if you’re arriving from a long-flight, they even have a shower!
You’d think this variety of benefits would cost $50+ per person per vist. Admission is actually FREE and UNLIMITED including ALL of the perks listed above… with just the proper entitlement.
Alina and David both carry the American Express Platinum Card, a card that’s basically a benefits package, including:
- Centurion Lounge access
- Second-highest hotel status with Hilton and SPG (meaning free upgrades and breakfast)
- Reimbursements of up to $200 of valid airline fees
- $200 worth of Uber credits per calendar year ($15 per month except $35 in December )
- Access to the 1000+ lounge network Priority Pass – which usually comes with food, wifi, couches, and a bar – ALL FREE
- 5x Amex Membership Rewards points on airline purchases booked directly
- Boingo international wifi plan
- 60,000 Amex Membership Rewards points after spending the minimum in the first three months
- What do Membership Rewards points get you? FLIGHTS TO YOUR DREAM DESTINATIONS 😉
The card cost $550 per year.
This may seem steep but theres actually one more trick with it. The $200 airline fee reimbursement is per card anniversary year, not per calendar year. Put in other way, that money resets on January 1st, so you get to use it twice before you pay a second fee. The Uber credits and airline fee reimbursements alone are greater than the fee.
You can get even better value by sharing the love and also the costs with authorized users, but only consider people you trust with your credit.
If you’re interested in the card and want to help our blog with a referral, click here to signup.